Last Updated: May 17, 2017
Consumer Privacy Disclosure
This website is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), view the FTC website at www.ftc.gov.
Information We Collect. We collect personally identifiable information that can identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address and Social Security Number (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”). We also collect information such as demographic data and data about your online activity on our website that does not identify you (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” or “Non-PII”). PII and Non-PII are known together as “Information”. We may also collect and store Information that you provide to us about other people (such as co-borrowers), including their name, address, telephone number, mobile devices, email addressand Social Security Number.
2. How We Collect Information You Provide.
a. From You. We collect Information you provide to us: (i) in connection with inquiring about or obtaining our services; and (ii) in connection with a job application. The Information we collect from you will vary depending on the product or service requested.
b. Other Sources. We may obtain Information about you from third parties such as: credit reports, information about your home and demographic information. We do not pull a hard inquiry relating to your credit bureau report rather a soft inquiry is performed in order to assist in complying with federal, state and local laws relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Identity theft. None of the information obtained is shared with any matched service provider relating to your inquiry, rather the information may only be accessed by and disclosed to Co-signing employees with a legitimate business need to know in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Information such as Social Security Number (SSN), date of birth (DOB), address and phone number may be verified by third parties to assist in the prevention of identity theft, consumer identification and verification. Co-signing takes your privacy seriously and performs these checks using best practices according to industry standards and does not alter or change the information you provide in your inquiry form.
Other Technologies. We may use web beacons and other standard Internet technologies to track your use on our websites. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, targeting and re-targeting pixels, third party pixels or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
3. How We Use Information.
a. In General. We may use Information to:
Deliver the products and services you requested;
Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
Research and analyze your use of, or interest in, our products, services and content and the products, services and content offered by others;
Communicate with you via e-mail, telephone, postal mail and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
Develop and display content and services tailored to your interests on our website and other websites;
Develop and deliver targeted advertisements;
Measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming and other activities;
Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
Manage our business; and
Perform functions as described to you at the time of collection.
b. Financial Information. Depending on the service requested, we may use financial information to: match you with real estate agents, real estate brokers,or lenders, provide you with lenders’ conditional loan offers, auto dealers, auto lenders, personal loan providers, etc. as well as to verify your identity, protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, or otherwise as needed to manage our business.
c. Job Applicants. If your PII is submitted when applying for a position with us, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your PII for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions or as required by law.
4. With Whom do we Share Your Information
b. Lenders or Matching Service Providers. In submitting an inquiry for a loan product or other service offered through this website, when you click on any button indicating an acceptance or agreement to terms, a continuance of processing or submission, you signify your agreement to proceed you are consenting, acknowledging and agreeing to the disclosure of your PII, as described herein, with lenders in our network (“Lenders”) with whom you are or may be matched. Please note that n hard inquiry of credit will be performed by Co-signing or its network “Lenders” unless you authorize us to do so by submitting a completed loan request. So please note the langugage at the end of each form submission to understand if you are consenting to a hard or soft inquiry. NOTE THAT even if you do not provide your Social Security number, we may access your credit file to assist in the prevention of identity theft and to verify your request is accurate and complete. Lastly, not all network “Lenders” will obtain your SSN and each “Lender” has its own requirements, disclosures and consent requirements.
BE AWARE that the Lenders with whom you are matched may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services and you should contact these Lenders directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices which may differ from Co-signing.
c. Real Estate Agents, Brokers and Real Estate Companies. If you submit a request to be matched with a real estate agent, broker or company, we may share your information with real estate agents, brokers or real estate companies on our network. Be aware that the real estate agents, brokers or real estate companies with whom we share your Information may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services and you should contact these parties directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices which may differ from ours.
d. Referrals for your Non-Mortgage Business. When you express interest in other products, services, promotions that we offer (by, for example, completing an inquiry for such services), we will share your request or expression of interest with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services and promotions, and, as applicable, with their affiliates and third party finder or marketing companies (collectively, “Business Providers”). When you choose to participate in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide PII to those Business Providers. Be aware the Business Providers with whom we share your Information may retain or use your Information whether or not you use their services and you should contact these parties directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices which may differ from ours.
e. Services Providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf including, but not limited toservice providers that perform services on our behalf in connection with your request for a loan or the funding, sale and/or servicing of your loan. These third parties include, without limitation credit bureaus, title companies, flood or other insurance companies, appraisal companies, escrow companies, closing agents, marketing and customer services firms, credit card, or entities that provide business analysis or website support. These third parties may have access to PII needed to perform their functions.
5. Other Situations. We also may disclose your information at our sole discretion:
In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; or to enforce our websites’ terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
In connection with state and/or federal licensing requirements wherein reporting of information regarding your inquiry to the closing of your loan. You authorize Co-signing to obtain any and all necessary information required from the “Lender” or “Provider” you choose to report back any and all required information relating to the disposition of your request. For example, if the loan closed, if you withdrew the request, if you were not approved. In addition, under current reporting requirements the lender may provide to Co-signing the loan you selected, the terms of the same, fees, rate, APR etc. in order to comply with current laws and regulations.
6. Subscriptions/Unsubscribe. When you “submit” information, register for a service, or create an account through Co-signing and its Companies website or otherwise, Co-signing and/or its’ companies may send your information to its lenders and associated third parties as provided. If at any time you do not wish to continue to receive communications from Co-signing and/or its’ companies, lenders or its associated third parties’ communications, you may modify your preferences by through your My Co-signing Account. In addition, you agree to notify Co-signing Customer Care or reach out directly to any lenders, providers, etc. with whom you have been matched to notify them of your preferred method of contact. You may also reach Co-signing by emailing privacy@Co-signing.com.
7. Considerations. For certain products and services available through Co-signing’s Website, we will not share your email address or phone number with the Business Provider or Lender with whom you are matched. Where this feature is available for a product or service, it will be noted on the web page for that product or service. Nevertheless these Business Providers and Lender will still receive other PII about you and they may retain or use your PII whether or not you use their services and you should contact these Providers or Lenders directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices, which may differ from ours.
8. Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may share Non-PII with third parties in our discretion.
9. Third Party Links and Policies. Our website contains links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These third parties and their servers may be located in the United States or in other countries. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle Information they may collect about you
You have the right to control whether we share some of your personal information. Please read the following information carefully before you make your choices below.
We are required by the California Financial Information Privacy Act to provide this notice to you annually. We will also send you an additional notice each year that tells you about your privacy rights under federal law.
This Privacy Notice applies to Co-signing, Inc., Co-signing, LLC and its subsidiaries
You have the following rights to restrict the sharing of personal and financial information with our affiliates (companies we own or control) and outside companies that we do business with. Nothing in this form prohibits the sharing of information necessary for us to follow the law, as permitted by law, or to give you the best service on your accounts with us. This includes sending you information about some other products or services.
Restrict Information Sharing With Companies We Own or Control (Affiliates): Unless you say “No,” we may share personal and financial information about you with our affiliated companies or subsidiaries.
[ ] NO, please do not share personal and financial information with your affiliated companies or subsidiaries.
Restrict Information Sharing With Other Companies We Do Business With To Provide Financial Products And Services: Unless you say “No,” we may share personal and financial information about you with outside companies we contract with to provide financial products and services.
[ ] NO, please do not share personal and financial information with outside companies you contract with to provide financial products and services.
TIME SENSITIVE REPLY
You may make your privacy choice(s) at any time. Your choice(s) will remain unless you state otherwise. However, if we do not hear from you we may share some of your information with affiliated companies and other companies with whom we have contracts to provide products and services.
To exercise your choices do one of the following:
Please note that in order for us to process your request, the address you provide below must be a California address you’ve given to us in relation to your account.
Last name (please print):________________________________
Mailing Address (if different than the street address):
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. The designated e-mail address for these requests is privacy@Co-signing.com.
11. Special Notice to Vermont Residents. We will not share any personal information about you with other Businesses to the extent prohibited by applicable Vermont law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable Vermont law. For purposes of compliance with the Vermont Consumer Protection Act, if you are a resident of the State of Vermont and would like to opt-out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third-party for marketing purposes, please contact us at privacy@Co-signing.com. In addition, under Vermont’s Fair Credit Reporting Statute, 9 V.S.A. Section 2480e, and the Fair Credit Reporting Rule CF 112, each lender is required to obtain your consent prior to assessing a credit report. Co-signing only performs a soft inquiry and its lenders generally may obtain a soft inquiry prior to posting back an offer, not all lenders will do a soft inquiry and you should not that each form provides that you are providing such express consent upon clicking any “button” for submission of the inquiry and to be matched. While Co-signing will not perform a hard inquiry into credit, reach each disclosure carefully for each product and/or service sought to ensure you are providing the appropriate consent and that for certain products lenders/providers may in fact perform a hard inquiry of credit and you are providing express consent to the same.
12. Updating and Accessing Your Information. The appropriate method(s) for accessing your Information, if any, will depend on which sites or services you have used. Depending on the respective service, you may have the ability to view or edit some of your information online. If you have submitted a loan request with us, you can update your personal information by contacting our Customer Care Department at customercare@Co-signing.com.
13. Choices about Collection and Use of Your Information.
a. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in the inability to use certain features of our websites or receive certain products or services. Public forums are not intended for the disclosure of PII. To the extent you provide PII in any public forum, it is at your own risk.
b. Federal and state regulations require that we store completed loan requests for various periods of time. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information from our database until the expiration of the applicable period.
14. How we Protect your PII. We take industry standard security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your PII from unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition to the restrictions outlined above, we require employees to comply with information security safeguards, we use encryption in the transmission of your PII between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your PII.
No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your PII, searches or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their PII. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
19. Co-signing Businesses. For purposes of this Agreement, “You” or “Your” means the person(s) using the Websites, and/or the goods, facilities or services of Co-signing, LLC (“Site” and/or “Services”) and its companies offered through alternative methods, including persons that allow others to provide information about themselves to Co-signing, LLC (as defined below), the banks, lenders, financial institutions, providers, real estate companies, and brokers on Co-signing’s network (“Lenders”), Providers (as defined in section 5), auto dealers (as defined in section xx), partners (as defined in section xx), or real estate companies (as defined in section 6). “Co-signing”, “us” or “we” means, but is not limited to the following entities:
· Co-signing, Inc.
· Co-signing, LLC
· AL1C3 TECHNOLOGY LLC
20. Co-signing ChatBot Disclosure
Co-signing may change, remove or add a Business in our discretion without notice to you.
879 total views, 0 views today